Neutral Electric Baths
SYN: Hydro-electric, electrothermal, thermo-electric or electro-hydric baths.
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
- Neutral water temperature
- Patient is completely immersed, head out and resting on air pillow and kept cool with a cold wet towel.
- Electrodes hang from side of the tub so they can be placed at any position along the sides or at the feet.
- Treatment begins with one electrode at a foot, the other near the opposite arm.
- Turn up to comfortable tolerance.
- Time: 5-20min
- At half the time, reverse the electrodes to other foot and opposite arm.
- Check repair of all equipment before beginning treatment.
- To avoid shock current must be off as patient steps in or out.
- Keep all equipment clean and dry and do not handle switches with wet hands.