from Hydrothermic Remedies...
- Fomentations 8min to low abdomen upper thighs followed by
- Cold Mitten Friction 30 sec, Repeat 4x
- Very Hot Sitz
- Hot Tub Bath
- Mild heat to area between treatments
- Lots of water drinking
- Therapeutic Diet
from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
Acute: until sensitivity decreased ie 2-3 days
- hot Pelvic Pack or hot Hip Pack or very hot Sitz Bath then
- gentle Tepid Pail Pour
- Antispasmodic Hot Tub Bath - for pain
Chronic: pus or blood in urine, ammonia
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
Acute: Derivative and muscle relaxation. Every 1-2hrs:
followed by infrared lamp or heat pad in interval
Do not use ice or even cold compress as resulting bladder. Contraction increases pain.
This treatment should not be used until pain is subsided
- Revulsive Sitz or Very Hot Sitz
- Graduated Cold Rubbing Sitz
- Alternate Perineal Douche
- hot Rectal Irrigation
- Alternate Rectal Irrigation especially in long term cases
- Alternate Douche (spray) to pelvis
All will initially cause some pain but persist for Fluxion with daily...