from Hydrothermic Remedies...
Disease with extreme difficulty breathing and even suffocation.
True croup: a membrane forms in the larynx blocking air entry.
False croup: spasm of the larynx and glottis
this is a dangerous condition. Seek medical help
from Dr JH Kellogg's Prescriptions...
see Spasmodic Croup
- Hot Tub Bath with cold to head
- Hot Water Drinking
- Cold Mitten Friction every 3 hours
- Medicated (slaked Lime) Steam Inhalation
- hot Fomentation to throat 15 min every 2 hours with...
- Cold or very Cold Compress in interval
- Cold Compress 15°C over throat changed every 10-20 minutes
- Hot Blanket Pack 15 min every 3-4 hours keep limbs very warm
- Surgery when needed
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
for treatment and stages of simple croup see Bronchitis
- Expectorants esp
Usually child falls asleep following this treatment.