from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
The epidemic of 1918 and 1919
see Pneumonia for influenzal pneumonia
- Bacterial Toxaemia - can cause death in 1-2 days
- Acidosis from suboxidation
- Leucopenia - 3000-4000 white blood cells
- Toxic Vasomotor Paresis causing extreme vascular dilation and death
- Active Chest Congestion and Pneumonia - inflammatory - oedema type
- lungs filled with fluid
- in bed and warm room
- Hot Foot Bath BID with
- Hot Lemon drinking and
- Fomentations to the front and back of chest then
- Cold Mitten Friction - careful not to chill
First treatment: to sweating for 5-10min, if no complications present
- Rationale: Derivative relieves Active Chest Congestion Tonic cold restores vessel tone and increases oxidation and elimination of toxins.
- Heat and Graduated Tonic Cold together produce leucocytosis and phagocytosis
- Lemon has Vitamin C and combats the acidosis
- Later treatments should not continue to sweating instead are brief and vigorous.
- Patient must stay in bed, even for toileting and at least 3 days after temperature becomes normal.
- Patient must be kept warm at all times, extra blankets and
- Hot Water Bottle if needed, to prevent Active Chest Congestion and Pneumonia.
- Enema given
- Bubonic Plague
- Complications of Acute Fevers
- Dengue Fever
- Fungal Diseases
- Glandular Fever
- Head Lice
- Infectious Mononucleosis
- Remittent Malaria
- Scarlet Fever
- Spanish Influenza
- Typhoid Fever
- Typhus Fever
- Undulant Fever
- Whooping Cough
- Yellow Fever