Surgical Wound Infection
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
- Abscess formation symptoms:
- Acute chill
- Sharp rise in fever
- Local pain, swelling and tenderness
To stop pus formation:
- Cover bare wound with a single layer of sterile gauze and thin plastic
- large Fomentations over wound and surrounding area for 5min then
- 2 Ice Bag (finely pounded ice) for 5min Repeat for 3 changes, 3x a day until symptoms disappear.
"If treatment is begun promptly on the first appearance of symptoms, wound infection can very frequently be aborted, much to the satisfaction of the surgeon and the patient."