from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
Moves towards the centre, used of massage with strokes towards the heart, to assist flow through the veins and lymph channels. Opposite to centrifugal
- Centripetal to encourage reaction in
- After tonic cold - moderate
- After Derivative hot or cold
- Before heating compresses in poor tolerances of cold or poor reaction and where heat cannot be used as preparation
- To encourage metabolism and elimination in
- Antipyretic: vigorous until skin warm in Retention Fever
- Sprains - after 48 hours
- Rheumatoid Arthritis above the joint
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
- Hastens circulation especially in superficial veins
- See Hydrotherapy for students and practitioners of medicine p 425