from Hydrothermic Remedies...
- Therapeutic Fever cures rapidly but must be continued to prevent secondary problems
- First treatment - one hour, rectal temperature 39°C
- continue up in increments of ½ to 1°C until patient can take 3 hours at 41°C, 2 or 3 times weekly
- be careful of the single episode of fever and headache that can occur
from Dr JH Kellogg's Prescriptions...
Reconstruction of the body through regulation of habits as well as hydrotherapy.
Hydrotherapy is diagnostic as it brings on the characteristic eruptions.
- Regular habits
- First and Second Stages: - Elimination see Uraemia
- Dry Eruptions
- Relapsing Syphilis see Poor General Circulation
- Drug-Induced Anaemia
- Nocturnal Pains
- Insomnia from Cerebral Congestion
- Syphilitic Ulcers
- Prolonged very cold treatments especially baths and especially when medicine is being taken (mercury).
- Prolonged hot baths when cachexia, anaemic or febrile.
- Chronic Metritis
- Fibroid Cancer
- Irritable Rectum
- Metrorrhagia or Menorrhagia
- Pelvic Cellulitis
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Pelvic Pain
- Pelvic Peritonitis
- Post-Partum Haemorrhage
- Testicle Inflammation
- Uterine Haemorrhage