Dr Abbott on...
Usually due to retained urinary toxins due to kidney insufficiency, liver dysfunction and general metabolic perversion. The kidneys are not always involved but more than half of all cases have infarcts, congestion, oedema, or even nephritis. The liver is almost always disordered. The problems is often due to deficient changing of ammonia into urea in the liver NOT to deficient urea excretion.
from Hydrothermic Remedies...
Fluid will be restricted and patient may become water logged
- Hot Hip and Leg Pack, with Fomentation to Abdomen for 15 min,
- follow with 3 min Cold Towel Rub to abdomen and lower back (patient on side) Repeat 4x. Finish with Shower
- Several hours later, Hot Blanket Pack with Fomentations to:-
- Large charcoal poultice over abdomen or back
- charcoal 1 teaspoon 4x daily,
- charcoal Enemas
from Dr JH Kellogg's Prescriptions...
- Acute Nephritis
- Syphilis - same method
- Scarlet Fever - Hot Blanket Pack with compress and tepid Enema
Increase breakdown of uric acid by...
- Heat treatment prolonged long enough to raise temperature 1-2°C ie Sweating Treatments
- followed by Dry Pack or
- Inhalation of oxygen, oxygen Enema (to increase oxidation)
Elimination of Uric acid in addition to above...
- free Water Drinking, fruit juice, carbonated water
- Wet Girdle day and night
- Hot Enema or Cold Enema 2x a day in Acute Nephritis
- Cool Coloclyster daily if bowels are sluggish
- prolonged Neutral Tub Bath
Prevention of Uric Acid formation by...
- Aseptic Diet especially avoid meats, tea and coffee
- Outdoor life
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
- See Eclampsia for acute uraemia
For acute uraemia see Eclampsia
Treatment of Chronic (low-grade) Uraemia and pre-eclampsia and for Hepatic Congestion -
- Purine-free Diet
- low protein diet (carbohydrates, fruit and vegetables and a little milk)
- no caffeine
For increasing metabolism and excretion of urea attend to
- gentle free perspiration from
- short Electric Light Bath 1-2x a week (daily in pre- eclampsia)
- local hot applications
- and in all cases - free and frequent Water Drinking
For Nervous symptoms and high blood pressure:
See if needed: