from Hydrothermic Remedies...
Avoid drugs for insomnia, they are habit forming and do not actually deal with the problem.
- Thick warm (not Hot) Fomentation to spine 20min then go to bed
- Neutral Tub Bath 35°C
- For some Cold Mitten Friction or even a Cold Tub Bath
- Always finish with 20 slow deep breathes in bed, in a well ventilated bedroom.
- Cooling Friction for early or mild cases
- Wet Sheet Pack
- Russian Bath
- Hot Foot Bath
- Hot Mitten Friction
- General Pail Pour
- Dripping Sheet
- Blanket Wrap
- Abdominal Heating Compress
- Sun Bath with active outdoor exercise
- Deep breathing Exercises
- Short naps during the day, less than 20min
- Avoid tea, coffee, late suppers, rich and spicy food, exciting reading or viewing and sleeping pills
- Listen to gentle music and read positive but not exciting books
- Wear a soft blinder
from Dr JH Kellogg's Prescriptions...
Three causes of Insomnia:-
Determine the cause and treat accordingly.
from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
- Autointoxication in Dilated Colon
- Cerebral Anaemia
- Cerebral Congestion see below
- Cerebral Hyperaemia
- Cerebral Irritability
- Cold Extremities
- Nervous System Irritability
- Passive Congestion without pain
- Restlessness or fidgets
- spinal anaemia - see Tabes Dorsalis
- Spinal Irritation
- Visceral Irritation
If portal circulation good Derivative to portal with protected:
If portal congestion or disease Derivative to skin by:
Hypnotic - can be used long term if followed by cold especially when Insomnia is caused by
- Sedative Neutral Tub Bath 15-30 minutes or
- Galvanic Neutral Bath
- Neutral Shower 5-10 minutes
- Neutral Douche end with 5 sec Fan Douche on back of head and neck
In the morning:
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
Cause : Nervous System Irritability, "can't go to sleep due to worry about their inability to sleep.
Aim: remove external stimuli and decongest spinal and cerebral centres.
Usually use Pure Sedatives, much better than drugs as...
- less drowsy, feels normal, more normal sleep pattern
- Neutral Tub Bath
- prolonged Neutral Pack - especially for restless. leave in pack overnight or until wakes
- Oxygen Bath especially for agitated
For milder cases...
- Fomentations prolonged and moderate, 3x to spine just before bedtime followed by light rub to spine or body
- tepid, spinal Pail Pour to lower thoracic and lumbar spine
for cases with Cerebral Hyperaemia as seen by cold feet
With all the above use overnight
- Acute Myelitis
- Amyotrophic Sclerosis
- Bell's Palsy
- Brachial Neuralgia
- Brain Attack
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chronic Myelitis
- Convulsions of Childhood
- Dementia Paralytica
- Drug Addictions
- Eye Inflammations
- General Paresis
- Herpes Zoster
- Locomotor Ataxia
- Mental Illness
- Multiple Neuritis
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neurasthenic Insomnia
- Paralysis Agitans
- Parkinsons Disease
- Raynauds Disease
- Reflex Irritations
- Splanchnic Neurasthenia
- Tabes Dorsalis
- Writer's Cramp