SYN: Nauheim bath
from Hydrothermic Remedies...
33°C, 35°C in feeble, daily for 3 days and one off
- Avoid exhausting patient, wait until breathing is quiet before entering.
- For very feeble administer on alternate days
- wet chest before entering
- Rub limbs during the bath
- Avoid chilling
- Increase the intensity as patient is accustomed
Antiphlogistic, Tonic, Eliminative in:
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
Uses carbonated salt water
Simplest formula see book for others
- 2-3kg Sodium chloride
- 400-700gm Sodium bicarbonate
- 400gm Muriatic acid
- Completely dissolve salts in in a 5cm of warm water in the tub gradually increase salts over the series
- Fill bath so it is 30-34°C - cooler temperatures later in series
- Mix acid with 1 litre of water then open the bottle under the bath water and moved around to distribute the acid.
- Begin with 5-8min and extend to 15min through series
- Cooling Compress to head and Precordial Compress
- Do not rub patient
- 3 baths per week for 3-4 weeks. Never more than 20 baths.
- stimulates peripheral heart and cutaneous circulation
- slows heart rate
- Strengthens heart beat
- Not during acute endocardial inflammation
- Prevent overstimulation by using cooler water and shorter times
- Over stimulation seen as
- Begin at 35°C for 5min then slowly down each treatment until
- 27°C for 12min
- Proximal Compress
- 2-3x /week for 2-4 weeks up to 12 treatments then rest 2 weeks
- rest for one hour after.