from Hydrothermic Remedies...
- Nutritional - Deficiency usually of iron or protein sometimes of niacin, copper, Vitamin C, rarely Vitamin B12. Or chronic blood loss. eg. Pernicious Anaemia,
- Excessive blood destruction - from exposure to toxic chemicals or viral infections, disease of the blood forming organs or hereditary. eg. Drug-Induced Anaemia
- Depression of Bone marrow - similar causes to 2.
- short Cold Tub Bath to stimulate bone marrow
- see Menorrhagia for chronic blood loss treatment
- General Pail Pour
- Drink water freely
- Eat green leafy vegetables, whole grains and beans. Avoid dairy products as they contain little iron and bind other iron.
- Eight hours of sleep at night
- Exercise to stimulate bone marrow and iron absorption and to neutralise stress.
- Daily Sun Bath to stimulate blood formation.
- Deep breathing exercise.
- Prevent chilling.
from Dr JH Kellogg's Prescriptions...
- Acute Gastritis
- Chronic Diarrhoea
- Loss of Appetite
- Dilation Vomiting
- Anaemic Headache
- Gastric Dilation
- Gastric Ulcer
- Nervous System Irritability
- Uterine Haemorrhage
- Vasomotor Spasm and resulting Visceral Anaemias
- Chronic Nephritis
- Relapsing Malaria
- Cerebral Congestion
from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
Easily exhausted - use short Graduated Tonic Cold with short heat to warm the skin
see Visceral Anaemias for local problems
- Cold Douche - will succeed where iron fails
- Aseptic Diet
- Spinal Alternate Applications in chronic cases
- short hot Shower and/or Fomentations to the spine then
- Cold Douche carefully avoiding lumbar and abdominal regions.
- Hot Douche to hips, thighs and feet or
- short Very Hot Sitz and Hot Foot Bath or
- Hot Foot Bath with warm Circle Douche
- general Cold Douche
- short Cold Shower
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
- Anaemic Headache
- Easily exhausted - use short Graduated Tonic Cold with short heat
- The cause is always deficient blood making activity and increased destruction of red cells
- It is always accompanied by - defective digestion and poor assimilation. These can be caused by bad food, intestinal infections or putrification. Diet will be ineffective unless digestion and assimilation are improved.
- Iron supplements actually derange digestion and assimilation. Egg yolks, fresh greens, fruit, grain and nuts supply sufficient and absorbable iron.
- Aseptic Diet to improve diet
- Graduated Tonic Cold to improve circulation and increase blood making.
- Heating Pack Combine with outdoor life, fresh air and sunshine.
- Begin with daily Swedish massage especially deep kneading for 45 min (this increases RBC temporarily but longer with repetition).
- Begin early Graduated Tonic Cold with short local heating to spine or feet. Build over weeks to short Electric Light Bath followed by stronger Tonics.
- Full Sun Bath and Air Bath both increase haemoglobin and RBC as well as lifting mood.
- Remove known causes.