SYN: Peptic Ulcer
from Hydrothermic Remedies...
24 hour fast to cut down acid production, then...
- Therapeutic Diet, strictly nothing between meals
- Aloe vera juice for pain
- Push water between meals
- Chew food thoroughly
- Eliminate irritants eg, tobacco, alcohol, caffeine,sweets, vinegar, spices, baking powder.
- Take a vacation with only light exercise, and regular routine.
- Alternate Compress to Abdomen
- charcoal and Olive Oil Poultice between treatments. (Charcoal and olive oil in equal parts)
If Ulcer is bleeding substitute:-
from Dr JH Kellogg's Prescriptions...
- Bed Rest
- No food by mouth - IV feeding 2 weeks
- Fomentations over stomach 2x daily or
- Revulsive Compress 3 x daily or hot Spinal Douche then...
- protected Heating Compress during interval
- Graduated Tonic Cold
- Bland Aseptic Liquid
from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
- Begin with Fan Douche
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
also applies to duodenal ulcers
If there is haemorrhage...
- crushed ice by mouth or Ice Bag over stomach
If no haemorrhage (and this is often when pain is worse)...
- very hot Fomentations to epigastrium followed by
Contra-indications: if bleeding
- Acute Gastritis
- Amoebic Dysentery
- Biliary Inflammations
- Catarrhal Jaundice
- Chronic Colitis
- Chronic Diarrhoea
- Chronic Dysentery
- Chronic Gastritis
- Dental Diseases
- Diarrhoea - Chronic
- Gastric Atony
- Gastric Dilation
- Gastritis - Chronic
- Gastric Ulcer
- Gum Diseases
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Kidney Stones
- Nervous Dyspepsia
- Peptic Ulcer
- Prolapsed Intestines
- Sclerosis of the Liver
- Stomach Dilation
- Subacute Pancreatitis
- Ulcerative Colitis