from Dr JH Kellogg's Prescriptions...
- Aseptic Diet - (suppresses bacterial growth)
During acute pain and inflammation:
2. above and...
- Avoid irritating foods and drugs
- Coloclyster 24-27°C 2x a day in right Sims position to clear colon
- Increase local resistance by Cooling Compress to Abdomen, changed every 10-20 min rubbing surface till red at change. Leave on throughout the disease but change before it becomes heating
- Relieve local congestion and pain by Fomentations to abdomen or
- Hot Blanket Pack 10 min every 3 hours
- make sure skin circulation is good with rubbing and cold
- keep hands and feet warm with hot Hand Bath and Hot Foot Bath
- or Warm Wrapping and Hot Water Bottle