from Dr JH Kellogg's Prescriptions...
- Bed Rest
- Maintain warm, active skin to perspiration
- Liquid Diet and free Water Drinking and juice drinking to encourage diuresis
- Prolonged general Cold treatments
from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
- short, very hot treatments
- avoid cold except
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
Initially kidneys are inflamed, swollen and tense, and should be treated as Inflammations . Later there is venous stasis
Treatment must consist of sweating for at least an hour, daily.
If symptoms are urgent...
- Hot Blanket Pack or
- Hot Tub Bath 36-40°C for 10-15min or
- Hot Air Bath
- all the above with...
Mild cases use Brand Bath
Severe cases use Graduated Tub Bath
- Water Drinking (lemon) large quantities during packs
During fever: keep cold treatments moderate and short
- Ensure reaction by short heat (esp Hot Foot Bath then
- Pail Pour, Cold Sponge,
- hot Cooling Pack renew by sprinkling with cold water
- Graduated Tub Bath begin at 36°C raise till warmed then down to 27°C - never chill as causes renal congestion
Cold Towel Rub due to eruption
After or at end of Fever: