from Hydrothermic Remedies...
Observe patient carefully and apply treatment with great care
- Cold Mitten Friction 3 X daily
- Neutral Tub Bath 32°C, every 3 hours, if not successful...
- Hot Tub Bath 38°C for 1min, increasing to 42°C for 3min for small child, 6min for children over 9 years. Pail Pour at end if difficulty breathing but no lower than 34°C To reduce cerebral congestion and relieve cerebral symptoms:-
- Hot Leg Pack with Ice Pack to Neck (front and back) and Head when this is in progress...
- Alternate Compress to Spine
To relax muscular rigidity:-
- Warm Tub Bath at 37.5°C
To increase removal of toxins from brain especially in Meningococcal Meningitis:-
- Therapeutic Fever 30min daily x 5 - body temperature of 40°C
- Perform in bath tub - raise water temperature slowly to 43.5°C
from Dr JH Kellogg's Prescriptions...
- Relieve congestion of brain and spinal cord by diverting blood to the warm skin with...
- Hot Blanket Pack with Cooling Coil
- Hot Tub Bath 39°C 2-5 min with similar cold to head followed by heating Wet Sheet Pack
- prolonged Neutral Tub Bath
- Copious Enema or Coloclyster 1-2x a day
- Prevent cerebral and cardiac irritation by cold to head and heart during the heating procedures
- Careful Cold Mitten Friction 3-4x a day to increase resistance with heat to legs and spine to prevent retrostasis
- general Cold procedures (cools the skin)
from Dr JH Kellogg's Hydriatic Techniques...
- Cerebral Irritability - Ice Bag - Ice Collar
- Cerebro-Spinal Congestion
- Nervous System Irritability especially - Continuous Tub Bath
- Vascular Antiphlogistics
- Cooling Coil to head
from Dr GK Abbott's Prescriptions...
Acute stage of cerebro-spinal M. : Derivative
- Ice Bag to base of brain and upper spine, cravat and cap continuously with...
- large Fomentations to limbs and abdomen, at intervals
- finished with Cold Mitten Friction to the heated area
Chronic tubercular M. - opisthotonos, restlessness, delirium, headache or coma are best treated together with...
see Muscle Rigidity
- Bubonic Plague
- Complications of Acute Fevers
- Dengue Fever
- Fungal Diseases
- Glandular Fever
- Head Lice
- Infectious Mononucleosis
- Remittent Malaria
- Scarlet Fever
- Spanish Influenza
- Typhoid Fever
- Typhus Fever
- Undulant Fever
- Whooping Cough
- Yellow Fever